Social media is one of the most far-reaching and effective marketing channels today. Here are the 10 types of social media and how each can benefit your business. We’ve also included three of the most popular examples for each.
1. Social Networks – used for market research, brand awareness, lead generation, relationship building, and customer service.
2. Media Sharing Networks – used for brand awareness, lead generation, and audience engagement.
3. Discussion Forums – used for market research.
4. Bookmarking and Content Curation Networks – used for driving brand awareness, customer engagement, and website traffic.
5. Consumer Review Networks – used as social proof.
6. Blogging and Publishing Networks – used to engage with your audience, build your brand, and generate leads and sales.
7. Social Shopping Networks – used to build awareness, increase engagement, and sell products via new channels.
8. Interest-based Networks – used to engage with your audience and build brand awareness.
9. Sharing Economy Networks – used for bringing in business.
10. Anonymous Social Networks – avoid at all cost. They’ll do more harm than good for your business.